Career Planning Program
Imagine You Get To Do What You Love Every Single Day!
I work with individuals at all levels and across many sectors to help them clarify their career goals and to create clear roadmaps to achieve them.
How many of these can you relate to?
- Setting a stretching, but achievable career goal which seems to be eluding you;
- Feeling you’re getting left behind in the organisation or have you just outgrown your current job;
- Absolutely loving what you do, but feeling under-valued, overwhelmed and are bordering on burnout;
- Being tired of your current situation working endless hours, tackling increased workloads and asking yourself “is this it?”
- The endless juggling of your time between work and family commitments, and dealing with the associated guilt.
Is what you’re doing right now aligned with who you are and where you want to be?
Have you considered exploring how to advance your career and land your dream job while continuing in your current role?
I can help you do this with my Career Planning Program, at the end of which you will have your:
- Clearly defined career strategy based on your Career Clarity Roadmap©;
- Detailed plan on what you need to do and by when, to achieve your goal;
- Updated CV;
- Interview techniques and customised answers to probable personalised questions.
In our mentoring sessions, I will guide you in:
- Understanding what brought you to this point and the value of your work to date;
- Clarifying your professional goals by working through your Career Clarity Roadmap©;
- Developing your action plan and setting realistic timelines;
- Refreshing your CV to make it work for you;
- Honing your interview skills with special emphasis on presenting yourself with impact.
The Career Planning Program is customised specifically to your individual needs and it is delivered through:
- Ten one-hour mentoring sessions;
- Conducted weekly via Skype or by phone;
- In between the mentoring sessions, I share practical tools and worksheets for your completion; I review your session ‘homework’ and I reply to any questions you might have by email;
- Joint development of your career strategy, implementation plan and revised CV.
“I engaged Charley because I was experiencing frustration for some time knowing that I needed to change direction in my career, but despite the benefit of numerous qualifications and extensive experience, I lacked direction and confidence as to my options or how to go about this.
I met with Charley for a consultation and knew immediately that we would work well together. Charley has a warm understanding approach and is quick to identity the self-limiting beliefs that were holding me back. In evaluating my career and experience, Charley took a great interest in who I am as a person, what motivates me, and where my key strengths lie. This stimulated a lot of consideration, reflection and honesty with regards to unearthing the aspects of me that require improvement and the unknown strengths that already exist. There was no hiding from Charley in that she held me to account, but the unearthing which was highly effective, was done compassionately and humorously. Charley displays an in-depth understanding of human psychology in her very effective approach.
Charley was a very effective coach and mentor to me. She instilled a confidence in me that I have no doubt will stand to me long into the future. I now have a road map with key actions which I am confident will take me where I need to go both in my career and my personal life. I have no hesitation in recommending Charley.”M. Leahy
Two of the more common career problems I hear from clients are:
“I am afraid of interviews because I can’t express myself”
This lack of confidence, particularly at interviews, is a recurring issue. Whether you are:
- preparing for your first interview ever or your first management position interview;
- uncertain you can articulate your achievements and ideas confidently, as it is years since your last interview;
- feeling this could be a tricky / complex interview;
- disappointed with the outcome of your last interview.
It is important to reflect on your strengths, what you bring to the position and to work on how to communicate well and present yourself to best effect.
There is no ‘one size fits all’ approach to the interview process and my work with you is tailored to meet your specific needs and covers three primary areas:
- your approach to the interview and the typical questions you could be asked;
- your application and CV and what it ‘says’ about you;
- preparing you in terms of your verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
“I’m embarrassed about my CV as it is so out of date”
Your CV is a powerful personal marketing tool and I can help you update it to incorporate the following:
- Align your CV with frequently used terms and key words in job advertisements.
- Present your qualifications and skills relative to the position you want.
- Develop a compelling career summary emphasizing the breadth of your experience and the value you bring to the position.
- Detail the results and outcomes you have achieved.
- Emphasize how you can help the organization, rather than what you want in a job.
- Structure and present it with impact and ensure correct grammar, word use and punctuation.
Your CV is the first chance you get to make a good and strong impression on a potential or current employer – so you need to make it work for you!
“I approached Charley to see if she would do one-to-one mentoring with me in order to dive deep with my skills for the interview. Charley has been an exceptional mentor to me. She went through each and every fine aspect starting from the job description, SWOT analysis and other details within my CV. She helped me to articulate my personal strengths and the highlights of my career in the best possible way to present during the interview. She boosted my confidence to a new level. The interview tips that she provided were extremely helpful.
As a mentor she helped me find the better version of myself and she kept in touch with me continuously giving me encouragement and guidance until the day of interview, which gave me tremendous confidence. I am very delighted to say that this support helped my success in my promotion. I would highly recommend Charley to anyone who is looking for mentoring, interview preparation and who genuinely would like to practice and improve their managerial skills.”M. Vinu
Imagine what it will feel like to have done this Career Planning Program and you are excited about:
- Your intended career strategy;
- No longer being at a crossroads in your career;
- Having a clear direction and road map to get there;
- Valuing yourself more and presenting yourself more confidently;
- Having greater balance in your work and home life.
How great would that be?
And how great would it be to have a renewed sense of enthusiasm about where you are right now, knowing you won’t be there forever?
Have a conversation with me and let’s see how we can work together to help you:
- Determine your new career direction;
- Develop your skills to improve your performance and be more effective in your current position;
- Prepare for an upcoming interview;
- Refresh and put some oomph into your CV.
How to land your DREAM job!
Have you outgrown your current job?
Are you tired of your current situation working endless hours, tackling increased workloads and asking yourself 'is this it?'
Download my Career Clarity Roadmap and take the first step.......... or the proven six steps to get some clarity about your new career direction.
You will also be subscribed to my fortnightly newsletter where I share advice, tips and techniques to help you master your management skills!
We will never share your contact information with third parties and you will have an option to unsubscribe at any time by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of each one of our newsletters.