Management Mastery Program
What Would Mastering Complex Management Skills Do For You and Your Team?
I am a management, leadership and career strategist. I work collaboratively with individuals and teams to develop realistic professional and business strategies; to challenge the status quo and to create clear roadmaps to achieve both your personal and business goals.
Management as you know is about mastering a complex set of skills and achieving your goals through your people. Whether you are new to management, want to develop yourself as a manager or if you manage other managers, it’s important to stand back and reflect on your own management skills and competencies.
- How well do you manage yourself and do you know the real value of this?
- Do you know how and when to seamlessly move between being a manager, a leader and a coach?
- What would it feel like for you to be able to step back and trust your team to manage business as usual so you could step out of the daily activities and consider the bigger picture for your business?
- Do you feel your core values are reflected in how you manage and do you have a set of guiding management principles which you apply consistently?
- Are you an effective communicator, customer champion and team builder?
“The team communication training and subsequent brainstorming workshop was very beneficial for our team. It highlighted areas of improvement which were needed, such as communication between colleagues as well as communication with management. Since this training we have made many changes, for the good, within our team and we are already seeing the benefit of this.”A. Curran
Managers achieve their results through their people. Do your colleagues and employees consider you a good manager? One who:
- Realises your team is made up of individuals who want to reach their own personal goals as well as the team’s goals;
- Makes it a priority to meet with each member of your team to discuss their role, their strengths, their development needs and their career plan;
- Inspires them and fosters growth and productivity – in themselves and the organisation – and who makes a conscious effort to make your team successful.
If you want to be a strong manager both individually and as a member of a greater management team, to manage yourself, your employees and your customers exceptionally, my Management Mastery Program is for you.
Management Mastery is a program that is designed to achieve tangible and measurable results for managers and leaders:
- Mastering the core management skills and how to apply them effectively;
- Mastering the art of self-management, self-awareness and managing the impact your behaviours have on others;
- Developing and implementing a sustainable management model that works for you and at organisation level where new managers can be successfully on-boarded;
- Developing a culture of respect and integrity where there is no fear or favour shown and where the customer is the number one priority;
- Helping you / your managers get the best performance from your employees, improve communications and and create a more motivated and committed workforce resulting in higher quality results;
- Career path and succession planning to develop your teams’ skill sets and to be better able to select your future senior leaders from within your own ranks.
This is what we cover in the six modules in the Management Mastery program:
How leading, managing and coaching seamlessly and with a high degree of emotional intelligence will ensure more effective communication resulting in resolved problems, united employees and increased customer and employee loyalty.
Strategy Development and Management
How to develop strategy and encourage BIG thinking from your team.
How to get the best out of your people so you can achieve improved results, effectiveness, greater efficiency and sustainability through them.
No customers = no business!
This module covers the essential ingredients for managing your customers and exceeding their expectations.
No room for silos!
Get your team to trust each other, work together for the good of the organisation, support each other and to think and work laterally and collectively.
Managing Your Use of Time
Make time work for you, eliminate some of the duplication of effort, pull back the ‘lost’ time and save money.
This comprehensive program is delivered on-site for management teams through:
- Six full-day modules – one every week to allow for implementation between modules, or if it would suit you better, in two modules of three days each or as a full six-day program;
- Email Q&A with your team to support their implementation;
- The workshops are conducted on your premises or in a venue of your choosing.
“We engaged Charley to provide training to our senior management staff as part of our institutional development programme. She proposed a detailed and well developed program based on direct communication which was very professional and useful also for our institutional development. Charley has an excellent personality for training. She is able to create a comfortable environment for learning whilst maintaining full participation from the staff at all times. We especially appreciate her ability to quickly align the program with the audience and also with the institution’s focus on results. We would strongly recommend Charley to any institution.”A. Denaj
This comprehensive program is also delivered in full or by module for individuals through:
- A series of one-hour mentoring sessions conducted via Skype or Zoom and if you prefer, in person;
- In between the mentoring sessions, I share practical tools and worksheets for your completion; I review your session ‘homework’ and I reply to any question you might have by email;
- The number of mentoring sessions is determined by the level of support you need;
- A blend of in-person and virtual mentoring is also possible.
“Very informative experience, gained great self-awareness re my management role and have new tools to implement”.Participant feedback on ‘Management In Practice’ training
Some of the more common management problems I support my clients with are:
“I’m tired hearing my team say they haven’t enough time – how can I get this to change?”
This is very frustrating for managers and suggests your people cannot manage themselves. There are some key areas to be addressed with your team in this situation:
- whether this is their reality or just an excuse;
- how well they know how they actually spend their time each day;
- how much of this time is actually ‘lost’ to time-stealers and what this is costing your business.
“How can I get my managers to improve staff productivity and to understand the consequences of poor performance?”
The consequences of poor staff productivity and engagement are far-reaching and impact your customers, your staff morale and your bottom line. This takes time to rectify and is the absolute remit of your management team. The following people management initiatives need to be evaluated across your management team:
- how much time they spend managing and consciously developing their staff;
- how well they know them at all levels, and if they have strong relationships of trust with them;
- how well they communicate their expectations to their staff, how they are considered valued members of the business team and how their interaction with your customers is crucial.
“Thanks to Charley, we have been enlightened as to how to better manage our customer service team and we will certainly be involving them a lot more in the future.”C. McCarthy
If you want to be (and/or have) a self-starting manager and leader, strong, effective and committed to your organisation and to your customers, the Management Mastery program will provide a framework for consistent, effective and efficient management processes which will bring out the best in you in your management position.
Imagine yourself having completed this comprehensive Management Mastery program:
- You and your team firing on all cylinders;
- Your team engaging better with customers and each other;
- The overwhelm easing as you manage yourself better;
- You feeling fulfilled and more competent as a manager as you seamlessly manage, lead and coach your team as the need arises.
This could be your reality!
Have a conversation with me and let’s see what’s right for you